Two Rivers Benefice
Freston, Holbrook, Stutton, Wherstead and Woolverstone
Rector: Revd Jenny Seggar – 01473 327951 / 07733 195866
Please note that my usual day off is Friday.
Facebook: Two Rivers Rectory
As I write, the country is about to go into a third national lockdown. These are indeed worrying times and I have had many conversations with people asking why God is doing this to us. My answer is that I don’t know.
What I can say though is that I have noticed that God is working positively through this pandemic in our communities, amongst the community help groups, our community charities, helping those in real need at this difficult time; with our key workers, in schools, in the community and, of course, our wonderful National Health Service; in the generosity of everybody who has given up time and energy; and through the new ways in which we have been dalled to reach out as a church.
Although it might be tempting to think that God has abandoned us, or has gone to sleep, it is obvious from this that He has been allowed to move away from our churches and Christian communities and work in places we would not expect. It is up to us as Christians to respond to this challenge, as a wonderful Christian Mentor of mine used to say, “to hoist our sails to catch the wind of the Spirit”, to pray for what we see and hear around us and to look at how we can enable new examples of community and fellowship to flourish when this crisis is over.
In the meantime, we have a number of resources that we hope will help spiritually. See the website for details. Each morning we will say morning prayers and live stream on Facebook. If you wish us to pray for you, please get in contact with us via the webpage.
Keep safe, Jenny
Services during Lockdown
Under the current circumstances, this service schedule has to be provisional. Things are changing daily so please check the website for the latest updates.
Please note that although we can officially remain open for public worship, we have elected to close our services to keep our parishioners safe at this
The following will be available:
- Daily Prayer at 9.30am Monday to Friday via the Two Rivers Rectory Facebook page and on the Two Rivers Benefice’s Suffolk YouTube channel.
- A recorded Service of the Word will be available on the website every Sunday morning.
- A video recording of a closed Communion Service from a different church each week will be available on the YouTube channel and website by noon
Each Sunday. During February they will be as follows:
- February 7: Woolverstone (Book of Common Prayer)
- February 14: Wherstead (Common Worship)
- February 17: Ash Wednesday – Stutton
- February 21: Freston (Book of Common Prayer)
- February 28: Holbrook (Common Worship)
Lent begins on February 21 and we will be holding our traditional Lent course online.
Please see our website during February for details of the course and how to book.