We are pleased to say that the post for an incumbent has now been filled and we look forward to welcoming the Rev Eric Falla and his wife Vicky.
Although the bishop has formally announced the appointment, the date of Rev Falla’s licensing has not yet been fixed. We expect it will be in April.
As the parishes that make up the benefice can no longer raise the funds to support a full-time priest, the appointment will be a part-time, i.e., Sunday and two other days. We do look forward to his joining us and working alongside us.
Currently we are in the middle of Lent and tradition has it that we should abstain or give up something. I really enjoy going to the seaside so, with the help of ‘lockdown’, that’s what I will be giving up!
Best wishes, Stewart
Unfortunately, we have no services planned for March but please remember that Sunday 14 March is Mothering Sunday and that Sunday 28 is Palm Sunday. Should there be any changes we will advise locally.
- December 17: Betty Aldous, Bramford
- January 26: Brian Boggis, Bramford
Floodlighting of the Spire of St Mary’s Church
- March 6: For the Golden Wedding Anniversary of Cheryl Farthing and the Late Roy Farthing
- March 6: In memory of Ronald Brown
- March 14: To celebrate the 90th birthday of Keith Mather
If you would like to have the spire floodlit, please ring Stewart on 01473 462231. The requested donation is £10 for each dedication.
Bible Readings for our Sunday Worship taken from the Revised Common Lectionary. It is good to share the reading of Scripture with Christians – both Catholic and Protestant – across the world.
- March 7 – Third Sunday of Lent, Purple: Exod. 20:1-17 1 Cor.1:18-25 John 2:13-22
- March 14 – Mothering Sunday, Purple: Exod. 2:1-10 2Cor. 1:3-7 Luke 2:33-35
- March 21 – Fifth Sunday of Lent, Purple: Jer. 31:31-34 Heb. 5:5-10 John 12:20-33
- March 28 – Palm Sunday, Red: Isa. 50:4-9a Phil. 2:5-11 Mark 14:1-end