Manningtree Benefice: An All-Age Anglican Church…
An all-age Anglican Church, meeting in St Lawrence Church, Bradfield, and St Mary & St Michael’s Church, Mistley
We live in unprecedented times. Covid-19 is a global pandemic which has caused disruption and fear across the world, and none of us have ever lived through anything like this before. At such times it’s heartening to see the way in which people have come together, united in our desire to achieve good for all and to protect each other from harm.
As part of this effort, church buildings from all denominations across the nation have been closed for public worship for a long time. But, although the buildings may be empty, the church itself is not closed – far from it. Church members and communities across this area, and across the country, have been engaging with a variety of community support initiatives, as well as engaging with online technology, using the telephone and staying in touch with one another and our wider communities in all sorts of ways. I’m also thrilled that so many have been able to come and join in with the worshipping life of the churches, as we gather each week on YouTube and in other ways.
It’s vitally important that we don’t push things too hard or too fast as we continue to live in these difficult circumstances, even as the lockdown slowly starts to ease. The churches are committed to worship, prayer and service, and this will not change even as the ways in which we can carry out these commitments does. God is at work, even now, and we are all welcome to join in with him.
Why not join in with some of our activities (detailed below)? We’d love to welcome you into our community of faith.
Rev’d Dom Turner
• You can find out the latest news and updates on our Facebook page or our website www.facebook.com/ManningtreeBenefice / www.manningtreebenefice.co.uk).
• You can join us for live online worship each Sunday at 10.30am on YouTube; just search for ‘Manningtree Benefice’ on YouTube.
• You can also join us on YouTube each weekday from Monday to Thursday at 8am for live morning prayer.
• We have a weekly family-friendly video on YouTube too, designed especially for primary-aged children and their families.
• You can also phone up to hear a weekly recorded phoneline service on 01206 489686 (normal local charges apply).
Rev’d Dom Turner
01206 391218 / [email protected]