Local RSPCA Continues Virtual Fundraising Amid Hopes For Face-to-Face Events
The RSPCA Suffolk East & Ipswich Branch is celebrating the launch of the RSPCA Home Pet Show, an all-animal virtual pet show designed to showcase our animal friends and our special bond with them.
Explains Kim Puttock, Branch Manager: “The Virtual Pet Show is our latest online fundraising activity, with 100% of money raised coming to us, to help support the animals in the Branch’s care. Throughout the pandemic, we’ve continued to deliver our veterinary clinic and rehoming activities, and we turned to virtual activities like the Pet Show to try to plug the gap left by having to cancel our usual quizzes, fetes and dog shows. But we are planning some face-to-face events later in the year.”
The virtual pet show is being hosted by the National RSPCA, and the local Branch heats are open now and will run until Monday 14 June. There are six classes, plus an art category, and it only costs £2.50 per entry. To enter, simply visit www.ipswich-rspca.org.uk and click on the main banner.
The show does not focus on looks and the entries will be judged on the stories behind the images, the personalities of the animals and the special bond between pet and owner.
12 finalists from across the RSPCA Branch network will be invited to take part in the Live Zoom Final on 19 June, hosted by RSPCA CEO Chris Sherwood and celebrity ambassador Sophie Craig.
Concludes Kim: “We’ve tentatively booked in some events for later in the year, especially our annual Open Day and fun dog show at our Martlesham animal centre, in September. And we have restarted some supermarket store collections. We can only hope the virus doesn’t wreck our plans.”
· Best Rescue: The embodiment of why we #adoptdontshop. We want to hear all about what you can achieve together with patience, love and determination
· Best Trick: A video or link to the trick you both most enjoy to perform together
· Best Lockdown Buddies: Celebrating the special bond between animals and their human friends, or each other
· Golden Oldie: Your much loved, mature animal friend in their autumn years
· Best baby: Here’s looking at you, kid. Your best, bonnie baby
· Peas in a Pod: Pets that look like their owners
· Animal Artwork: Doodles of your doggy or pictures of your python? Unleash your inner artist for our animal-inspired art show. Ages 0-10, 11-16 and 16+
For more information, please contact Kim Puttock, Branch Manager on [email protected] or call 07486 004153