Lighting Up Our Church: All Saints Kesgrave Appeal
All Saints Kesgrave Church has been serving the community since the 13th century but took a huge step forward both architecturally and congregationally in the 1980s when a beautiful new extension was added. This has enabled the church to provide a much wider range of services and events, festivals and exhibitions.
The lockdowns presented fresh challenges but Zoom services, quizzes, Bible studies and Lent courses have kept us open to a wider field and we are now back in church too.
This brings me to the main purpose of this article. The whole church needs urgent rewiring to ensure it is fit for purpose for the next 40 to 50 years. We need a lighting system that will:
- enhance architectural features, particularly the stained-glass window in the chapel
- be bright and welcoming for evening events
- be flexible for services that require softer lighting
- increase safety with better illumination for the access paths and the porch
- enable us to potentially widen the scope of youth work
- help us to serve the community better
The work is planned for August and September so that the church can re-open in time for Harvest, Remembrance, Advent and Christmas.
We currently have just over £55,000 towards the final goal, so please keep donating:
- The All Saints Kesgrave website has a Support Us section where you’ll find two ‘donate buttons. Use the blue button to Support the Lighting Fund: www.askesgrave.org/supportus.html
- If you wish to donate by cheque, payable to Kesgrave PCC, please contact me.
- BACS payments can be made to: Account Name: Kesgrave Parochial Church Council / Sort Code: 08-92-99 / Account No: 65453375
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far and to all those planning to donate; we really do want the Light of Christ to shine from our church: Thou whose Almighty Word Chaos and darkness heard, And took their flight Hear us, we humbly pray And where the gospel ray Sheds not its glorious ray Let there be light. For any queries, please contact me on 07807 984589. Sally Wainman (Reader, Local Giving Advisor)